A few weeks ago I attended a Tastefully Simple freezer meal workshop party. It was just what I needed to get out of my cooking rut. We made 10 freezer meals and had left overs of stuff to make more meals. A few of the meals I really enjoyed and made up some extra to put in my new deep freezer [yes I got a deep freezer as an early birthday gift]. Tonight I thought hmm…what could I do with the rest of this Vidalia Onion dressing? Here’s what I came up with.
• chicken [boneless, skinless, thinly sliced]
• yellow squash
• [Tastefully Simple] Vidalia Onion Dressing
• mozzarella cheese [shredded]
• pasta or rice [optional]
• preheat oven to 350
• grease baking dish with cooking spray [I use EVOO in my misto]
• slice up zucchini & yellow squash and layer the dish [how much you use is totally based on what size baking dish you have. This is a versatile recipe so go based on the size of your dish and layer from there. I used a 9 x 13 dish and it took one whole zucchini and a whole yellow squash; for a 9 x 9 dish you’d likely use half the amount].
• layer on the chicken.
• pour on the Vidalia Onion dressing.
• bake for 30 minutes.
• if you want pasta or rice as your base for this dish cook it as directed.
• layer on mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes [for the cheese to melt].
•serve and enjoy!
Using a disposable foil dish you can layer ahead of time [minus the cheese] and put into your freezer. Before you bake it make sure to take it out of your freezer and thoroughly defrost it [I usually take things out of the freezer the night before and it’s ready to go for dinner the next day]. I’m also fairly certain you could make this dish in your crock pot too, I’ll have to try it another day.