A few days ago I was in the middle of a fast for a prep for some not so fun procedures and of course in true Liz DeLise fashion all I could think about was food! My neighbor and I were talking about getting out of cooking funks and she shared a recipe with me. When they went home I couldn’t get the thought of that dish out of my mind and so I texted her asking her to repeat the recipe for me. I went out the day after my procedures and purchased everything I would need to make this delicious dish (we needed to go grocery shopping anyways) then the next day I made the dish and it truly was delish! So here’s the recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Also, the cool thing about this recipe is that you can make it whatever size you want depending on the size of your family.
• fresh spinach
• boneless skinless chicken breast (thinly sliced)
• salt, pepper, seasoning (to taste) [I used our Weber Grill Steak Chop seasoning)
• Roma tomatoes
• mushrooms (optional) [I encourage you to try it with the mushrooms if it hadn’t had been for another recipe I recently made with mushrooms I would’ve never known that my daughter likes mushrooms because I don’t particularly care for them]
• feta cheese
• balsamic vinaigrette
• pasta (optional) [we used a little bed of penne when I made it but you can put it on a bed of Angel hair or spaghetti of eat it without]
Again this recipe is customizable depending on how many people you are feeding. I used a medium baking dish this time around but any size will do.
• preheat oven to 350.
• spray dish with your preferred cooking spray [I like to use my misto with some EVOO].
• line dish with fresh spinach.