We’ve been on a serious zucchini kick in this house and so I decided to make my good ole zucchini bread for brunch this past Sunday. I honestly couldn’t remember the last time I had made it so I admit I was a bit nervous. Well it turned out amazing and didn’t last very long and of course in true Liz DeLise fashion I didn’t exactly pay attention to what I was doing so I decided to make it again so I could share it with y’all and easily reference it myself.
• 1 zucchini chopped up in the food processor
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose whole wheat flour (our you can use regular flour)
• 1/4 cup ground flax seed meal (this is optional it just adds in some extra nutrients)
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup oil (I used evoo you can use vegetable oil if you want though)
• 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (you can use regular Greek yogurt or applesauce or 1 egg)
• 1 tbsp local honey (this is also optional but it adds a nice flavoring)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Using a food processor finely chop up your zucchini and set aside
• In a medium bowl combine: flour, ground flax seed meal, baking soda, salt and baking powder
• In your mixer bowl combine: sugar, oil, Greek yogurt and honey
• add zucchini to the mixer and then add the dry ingredients
• butter up a bread pan
• add batter into the bread pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
• I also like to add a sprinkling of brown sugar onto the top of the bread as soon as I remove it from the oven while it cools
• Be sure to let it cool for a while in the bread pan before removing it from the pan. I’ve often gotten too anxious to eat the bread that it’s still too hot and then falls apart on me because I removed it too soon. Oops.
• most importantly – ENJOY!